If you follow wildlife and love animals, you will also love facts about them. Today we’ve prepared some interesting
facts about wonderful animal, Giraffe, and we hope you will enjoy it.
1. Giraffes are the world’s tallest animals. Their legs alone are almost 6 feet higher than most humans.
2.They can run up to 35 miles per hour over short distances and cruise at 10 miles per hour over longer ones.
3. The neck of a giraffe is too short to reach the ground. As a result, to reach the ground for a drink of water, it must awkwardly stretch its front legs or kneel.
4. Giraffes only need to drink a few times a week. The majority of their water comes from the plants they eat.
5. Giraffes spend the most of their lives standing up, including sleeping and giving birth.
6. After about an hour, the giraffe calf can stand and walk, and after a week, it begins to explore vegetation.
7. Many calves are attacked in their first few months, despite the females’ attempts to protect them from lions, spotted hyenas, leopards, and African wild dogs .
8. The spots on a giraffe are similar to human fingerprints. Individual giraffes do not have the same pattern.
9. Both male and female giraffes have ossicones, which are hair-covered horns. Male giraffes battle with each other using their horns very often.
10. In a 24-hour period, giraffes only require 5 to 30 minutes of sleep! They frequently do this by taking short naps of about a minute or two at a time.
11. It was assumed that giraffes did not make any sounds, but this is no longer true; giraffes yell, snort, hiss, and create flute-like sounds, as well as low-pitched noises that are beyond human hearing range.